£70000 - £80000 per annum
about 2 months ago
The Indirect Tax Manager will support the Principal EMEA Indirect Tax on Indirect Tax advisory and legislative matters for supporting all of EMEA's line of businesses for this global media powerhouse. The successful candidate will also support the EMEA tax team on ad-hoc projects and work with other members of the tax, finance and business teams to develop their skills and knowledge. This role will require a highly motivated commercial tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a growing and dynamic global organisation
- Providing ongoing VAT advice and training (where applicable) to the various Lines of Business
- Liaising with external consultants as and when required in respect of advisory support requirements, changes in legislation or business projects
- Assist and work closely with the accounting team/s focusing on continuous improvement of VAT coding, systems and reporting
- Assist with the preparation of timely responses to tax inquiries and audits
- Communication with local finance staff in different countries across Europe
- Work alongside IT to ensure all SAP changes effecting VAT are tested and reviewed before signed off for production
- Support the business and the Principal (Director) - EMEA Indirect Taxes in assessing whether to implement any tax technology solutions which standardises VAT reporting and can respond to new digitised tax reporting demands
- Support the Director of EMEA Indirect taxes in monitoring all Indirect Tax changes affecting our businesses and work with the business to ensure changes implemented on time.
- Work with the Principal EMEA Indirect Taxes on developing and implementing Tax technology initiatives such as digital reporting and e-invoicing.
Although primarily this is not a compliance focused role, certain VAT compliance tasks will be required which include but not limited to: Reviewing VAT returns as required
- Requesting new tax codes and other tax master data attributes
- Arranging the payments for VAT liabilities, including obtaining the necessary approvals
- Support with the preparation of information for and coordination of VAT audits
The Experience We Require From You:
- Significant indirect tax experience preferably including international and domestic supplies of goods and services
- Experience of advising on the VAT treatment of electronically supplied services is desirable
- Experience of advising in the following industries is helpful: travel, international transport/ cruise lines, online retail
- CTA or equivalent qualification
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.