Since March, the United Kingdom alongside the rest of the world has been dealing with the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak. All businesses, industries and functions, including those in treasury, have been dealing with challenges not experienced for over a decade.
With expert insight from treasury professionals we conducted a series of interviews in which we discussed the challenges being faced, the short and long term implications, lessons learnt and advice for future similar situations.
In the interview series we asked the treasury experts the following questions:
- What do you expect to see as the key Treasury challenges both over the short and longer term as a result of the current economic crisis?
- What experiences / lessons can be taken from the GFC to assist Treasurers during this pandemic?
- What lessons do Treasurers feel still haven’t been learned from the GFC?
- In your view, how have corporates and banks failed to prepare for this scenario?
- In your opinion, what support from the banks and lenders can be expected over the short and longer term for large and smaller corporates?
- How are Treasurers best to approach expected waivers or issues with existing agreements, refinancing or restructuring of debt and raising new finance in the post-pandemic economy?
- How do you think the government schemes and companies’ understanding of them will impact accurate cash forecasting and modelling?
- Are companies equipped to implement more complex and longer term cash forecasts effectively?
- What advice would you give to Treasurers managing FX risks given the more volatile trading conditions currently?
You can download a copy of the report by completing the form below
Inside Treasury: Interview Series
Full NameName *Company *Telephone *Email *