A global asset management firm are looking for an experienced funds tax professional to join their EMEA product tax team, based in their City of London HQs. This function provides tax advice to all of the firm's businesses and tax compliance for it's products in EMEA. The team overseas multiple fund platforms and acts as the internal tax adviser for the whole business, assessing the tax position of our investments, funds and clients.
This position will sit within the product tax team and the key function will be to provide tax support to the UK businesses and fund platform and to oversee investor tax reporting across EMEA. The position will be reporting into the Head of Product Tax who is responsible for the European countries, clients and platforms. An exciting opportunity for someone to work around the firm's products and it's operations related to funds tax. Tax technology is also a big drive within their business as it looks to expand it's market remit.
- Act as internal tax advisor to the UK business.
- Conduct technical research and analysis related to tax issues and legislative changes affecting funds and clients.
- Designing, implementing and continually improving procedures to identify and resolve tax issues.
- Liaising with external clients and tax advisers related to UK fund tax matters.
- Oversee investor tax reporting across multiple EMEA jurisdictions.
- Work with product development teams on new fund launches, oversight for UK and EU entities.
- Provide technical content for tax-related client publications and fund documents.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-6 years experience in funds tax and will be ACA, CTA or equivalent qualified. Detailed knowledge of funds and financial markets, and the ability to take ownership of the work. Due to the nature of the role, the individual will need to have the right gravitas and confidence to interact with a variety of senior stakeholders and business partner across the group. Someone coming from an top accounting firm or an in-house financial services organisation, with a strong academic record.
If you are interested in an opportunity where you can take ownership and branch out into the EMEA entities, please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.