Vice President M&A Tax
Operating as a member of the tax team, specifically supporting the Direct Investments platform on US transactions, but also assisting on US investments for other platforms (including Infrastructure and Real Estate).
The role will be primarily focused on Private Equity fund investments and co-invest and co-underwrite M&A transactions, including structuring and due diligence, assessing financial models, and working closely with the legal team and external advisors in the preparation of legal documentation.
The role will include oversight of certain US tax compliance, although this is largely outsourced to a Big 4 provider.
The tax function is tightly integrated into transactions from inception to divestment, and works very closely with all deal teams and the legal team to ensure that the tax impact on economics and any tax related negotiation points are thoroughly understood throughout the investment life cycle, and the successful candidate will be expected to develop strong internal and external relationships consistent with a long term “owner mindset”.
- Ongoing consulting advice e.g. advising the US business units on tax implications of financing/re-financing, mergers, operational changes and expansions, monitoring corporate structure to manage tax risks, etc.
- Tax compliance, budgeting, internal reporting and training of junior tax team members i.e. ensuring that corporate tax filing obligations are understood and met and that institutional best practices are followed.
- Tax knowledge sharing with the business unit to increase the commercial team’s tax awareness and training and coaching of the junior tax team.
- Build and maintain close relationships with US based team members
- Ensure continuous review, compliance with and improvement of the processes and procedures established by the tax team.
- Manage relationships with external advisors to obtain advice and other relevant tax services as required for the business.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of six to eight years international corporate tax experience in the Tax Group of a Law firm or Big 4 accounting firm.
- Experience of providing international tax advice in a fast paced M&A environment, including working closely with acquisition / commercial teams
- Private equity funds experience
- Strong US tax experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with working with sovereign wealth funds, preferably in relation to inbound US investment and the associated s892 issues
- Tax risk management experience
- Tax modelling experience, an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple diverse and complex workstreams/projects at the same time
- Problem solving attitude and ability to deliver practical solutions under time pressure
- Enthusiastic and flexible, with the possibility of international travel at short notice
- Team player who enjoys sharing knowledge
- High level of attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to see the bigger picture
- Proactive self starter
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to distil and explain complex issues to a non-tax audience
- Ability to navigate around a large organization
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.