£80000 - £100000 per annum
12 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a well established US FS group looking for a Senior Indirect Tax Manager that is strong on the operation aspects of VAT.
Responsible for the management of all indirect tax governance in EMEA and supporting key stakeholders in relation to operational aspects of VAT ensuring that systems, processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently.
- Accountable to the Global Head of VAT Advisory in formulating and implementing a rolling assurance programme for all indirect taxes across EMEA, including ownership of the SAO VAT attestation process
- Manage risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced
- Manage reporting and remediation steps in relation to VAT operating risks, working with front, middle and back-office functions as required
- Perform periodic reviews and updates of key control and process documentation
- Develop and maintain a rigorous internal indirect tax risk review programme for the EMEA region
- Develop Key Risk Indicators for indirect tax and report on a monthly basis together with a related action plan
- Support internal and external audits
- Provide VAT advice and recommendations into finance/ business systems development and lead the change programme from a VAT perspective
- Identifying and implementing process improvements and efficiencies
- Maintaining a documented process of reviews for all indirect tax returns
- Maintain an ongoing VAT training programme for the region
- Provide ad hoc support to other VAT team members where required
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders in Finance/ Controllers to support the appropriate reporting and forecasting of VAT recoveries
- Review of appropriateness of VAT recovery methods in EMEA on an ongoing basis, evaluating alternatives and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Preparation of management information for key VAT metrics
Market Skills and Certifications
- ACA; CTA or relevant professional qualification with a strong track record in VAT operations/ compliance advisory experience
- Excellent communication; relationship/ partnership and planning/ control skills
- Experience in developing and managing process improvement and documentation projects
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and stakeholder management skills
- Financial sector experience
- Tax governance experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.