VAT Ops Manager – FTSE 100
Fantastic opportunity to work for an instantly recognisable company that has a fantastic reputation in the market. This role is to ensure the group meets its compliance requirements.
- Managing the preparation, consolidation and the timely filing of the group UK VAT return each quarter.
- Managing the VAT governance framework.
- Build relationships internally providing VAT advice, training and support as required to facilitate accurate tax coding of transactions and an accurate VAT return compliant with MTD requirements.
- Continuously improve VAT process and governance framework challenging the existing ways of doing things, utilising Global VAT Reporting Tool; Robotic Process Automation, and introducing new technology.
- Managing VAT tax risks, including tax audits.
- Experience of working with UK Indirect tax with a good understanding of current UK VAT legislation.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise complex and diverse UK VAT issues.
- Ability to communicate with senior tax stakeholders
- Understanding of best practice tax process and control with experience of delivering process and control improvements including use of new technology.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail as well as excellent organisational, communication and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines.
- Tax qualification or VAT trained at HMRC or part / full qualified accountant with extensive UK VAT experience.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.