City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
5 months ago
Fantastic opportunity to join a global business servicess group based in West London. As a result of both domestic and international expansion over the last few years and the complexities this brings in respect of tax exposure and risk we are now looking to strengthen the tax function with an outstanding candidate keen to develop their career in a highly successful organisation.
Potential candidates should be aware that this is a job that will necessitate 'rolling your sleeves up' and 'getting your hands dirty'.
This role would give candidates the key exposures both technical as well as commercial matters necessary to successfully progress their career.
- Reconciliation preparation
- Ensure reconciliations for VAT accounts for assigned ledgers are completed by assigned deadlines
- VAT return preparation
- Ensure VAT returns are prepared and reviewed by assigned deadlines
- Analysis of transactions to determine correct VAT-treatment
- Identify incorrect use of tax codes and follow-up to ensure users are educated on the use of these
- Submit VAT returns and all the supplement reports (EC Sales List, Intrastat, client listing, annual VAT returns, turnover reconciliations, etc.) by the statutory deadlines
- Ensure VAT returns are remitted to tax authorities by statutory deadlines to avoid penalties/interest
- Ensure VAT payments are made in a timely manner
- Strong technical analysis skills including advanced Excel and ability to report analysis professionally, incisively and succinctly;
- Excellent organisational skills, desire to take on responsibility with a high degree of personal motivation and the ability to work autonomously;
- Outstanding communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team and able to demonstrate a high level of independent thought;
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.