VAT Manager – Leeds – In House
Working alongside a dynamic team, this role primarily includes managing the indirect tax compliance maters of a predominantly UK based Real Estate-owning entities. The successful candidate will work closely with the finance team and our advisors. Proactivity and the ability to take into consideration the wider picture whilst consistently developing and refining internal processes and controls to ensure that accurate tax reporting is maintained is a prerequisite of this role. Managing indirect tax and CIS compliance functions and associated matters together with ad hoc workstreams.
- Meeting monthly compliance filing and payment deadlines for c.30 monthly VAT returns and c.20 monthly CIS returns. These are predominantly small returns.
- Proactively manage registrations and deregistrations.
- HMRC correspondence, compliance checks and audit checks.
- Managing Partial exemptions (currently 1 standard method) and calculations.
- Proactively monitor and make ready for legislative changes that affect compliance and/or the business.
- Supporting Head of Tax with planning projects.
- Manage workflow and communicate forecast cash flows to the accounts team.
- Work closely with accounts teams in London and Leeds and providing regular VAT and CIS training (the accounts team are the preparers of the VAT returns).
- Maintain records for audit trail and business facilitation, such as OTT records.
- Ad hoc advice, typically on property lettings, acquisitions and disposals such as TOGC treatment, evidence OTT status, VAT liability lease of incentives.
- Oversight of process and reviewing a small number of tax returns prepared by advisors for offshore entities.
- Ensure that internal processes and controls are in place to facilitate accurate tax and efficient reporting, including identifying and implementing finance and tax process improvements as appropriate.
- Other minor responsibilities may include PAYE Settlement Agreement, Employment and Ad hoc PAYE queries and assist CT Manager as required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of indirect taxes compliance rules. CIS expertise is not required, and training will be provided.
- Real Estate experience is desirable.
- Excel proficient.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.