£70001 - £100000 per annum
25 days ago
Brewer Morris are working exclusively with a US based engineering group based in Surrey. In this varied and challenging role you will assist the Tax Group team on all relevant indirect tax matters (both compliance and advisory) that affect the UK and Europe. The role is diverse and challenging, covering both sectors of their global business.
- Act as lead on VAT compliance matters ensuring the accurate and timely submission of the indirect tax returns, EC sales List and Intrastat obligations.
- Responsible for the review and sign off of UK & European VAT Returns and filing of UK returns.
- Monitor and manage the European VAT registration status of our US & European legal entities in Europe, including the UK VAT Group.
- Support the Transaction Centre functions (Chennai) to ensure the accuracy of data reported for VAT purposes.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure timely and accurate payment of liabilities/timely allocation of VAT refunds.
- Manage relationship with the Tax Authorities and provide analyses of VAT return data for audits purposes, where required.
- Ensure MTD, SAO and SOX obligations are fulfilled
- Manage VAT P&L, balance sheet & financial reconciliations.
- Provide regular training to improve business awareness of indirect tax knowledge.
- Maintain indirect tax process documents with support from tax accountants in Chennai.
- Improve Business awareness of Indirect tax and share knowledge through regular updates
- Ensure Business arrangements are compliant and efficient, highlighting and resolving all inconsistencies and where necessary, influence the development of internal policy with regards to indirect taxes.
- Provide timely advice to the business on potential bids, new agreements and existing agreements.
- Advise on processes and internal controls to manage indirect tax risks and exposures, building strong working relationships with the relevant teams to create change where necessary.
- Manage all Indirect tax queries and issues.
- Manage relationships with external advisers.
- Keep up to date with changes to VAT legislation, case law and HMRC guidance/interpretation.
- Occasional ad hoc support for VAT issues in other territories in which the group operates.
Skills and Experience
- Good, practical understanding of accounting processes for Indirect taxes. Experience of accessing ERP system and dealing with technology implementations is preferable.
- Process-driven with attention to detail.
- Being able to explain complex items in a simple manner having both good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of complex cross-border business arrangements, preferably including complex supply chains of goods and international services across multiple countries.
- Deals confidently with senior level management.
- Deep understanding of indirect taxes with ability to apply technical skills in a commercial way.
- Actively take responsibility for projects; initiates action without needing to refer to others and acts without being prompted.
- Remains focused and productive under pressure; a self-starter in managing priorities.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.