Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a VAT Manager to join a design and manufacturing business based in Manchester.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for management, training and development of one VAT Assistant.
- Responsibility for all VAT Reporting (VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat Returns - Arrivals and Despatches, and End of Year Returns) covering four entities (13 Regs in total - including 3 UK, 2 RoW and 8 EU Regs) - preparing the larger ones and reviewing and approving smaller submissions before they are made.
- Ownership and clear understanding of Brexit / EU rules to support the business.
- Ownership of VAT admin to include set up of new VAT Registrations, VAT inspections contact and coordinator, and being main user on VAT submission websites.
- Responsibility for planning and future-proofing our VAT software system - including updating system VAT rules, liaising with IT on system upgrades, mapping to accounting systems.
- Responsibility for month-end coordination and close of VAT Accounts.
- Responsibility for preparation and review of VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
- Forecasting of VAT cashflows (payments and refunds).
- Providing VAT compliance and transfer pricing expertise across all entities, including business support and advice on all VAT. issues (employee understanding, projects, customer/supplier queries).
- Providing day to day assistance to internal stakeholders on any VAT queries as and when they arise.
- Providing VAT training across all entities tailoring this to each entity and what they do.
- Liaison with auditors and external VAT advisors regarding the above VAT returns (both ongoing reporting and also ad hoc queries).
- Ensuring a "proactive" approach is taken to VAT training and rule maintenance so the business is kept up to date with changes that impact them.
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members.
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the VAT software system from a Finance perspective.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting. improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them.
What you'll need:
- Drive to take ownership and responsibility for own work and operate independently, with the ability to also demonstrate great teamwork, ensuring the VAT Assistant is appropriately supported. Also colleagues across a number of sites and time zones will need to be responded to within appropriate timescales so you must be team oriented and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.
- Strong VAT skills and proven experience of tasks outlined above are a must.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.