VAT Manager – In House – £70k +
Fantastic opportunity to join an instantly recognisable UK group in a stable and well-established In house tax team. Reporting into the Group VAT Manager, this newly created role is a great opportunity to gain experience across a variety of indirect tax matters. The role is a mixed advisory and compliance role with a
focus on business partnering. We are looking for a self-motivated, commercially minded individual who has the experience to work at a manager level and the ambition to develop through to be a Group VAT Manager.
- Advising UK Ventures business on VAT matters
- Supporting the VAT Compliance Manager with compliance work related to the business;
- Advising our Commercial and Operational property teams on VAT matters relating to the management and divestment of the Group’s property portfolio;
- Supporting the VAT compliance manager with compliance work related to the property businesses;
- Managing the Group’s Partial Exemption position (primarily a function of property activity) including Annual Adjustments;
- Monitor and review the impact of legislative and case law developments;
- Supporting the Group VAT Manager with:
o M&A projects
o Advice in connection with new business developments
o HMRC audit and relationship management activities
o Risk monitoring and controls
o General business enquiries
- General tax team management activities as appropriate;
- Support the VAT team’s process improvement and risk and control initiatives
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Strong VAT technical skills with the requisite VAT experience to operate at a manager level
- Ambition to be a Group VAT Manager
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.