VAT Manager – Global Media Group
The role sits within the VAT team in Financial Accounts and the key purpose is VAT reporting compliance both in the UK and overseas. The VAT Manager will be responsible for the preparation of VAT returns and other submissions to HMRC and will work with the VAT Compliance Senior Finance Manager to drive system improvements and embrace the use of technology to create a best class in-house VAT compliance function. The role may also include managing the transition of VAT compliance activity into the FSSC for any future acquisitions by the group.
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely preparation and submission of VAT returns together with supporting analysis for management review.
- VAT accounting, including VAT return to GL reconciliations, journal preparation and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- On-boarding new operating entities, with potential exposure to non UK entities, into the FSSC VAT compliance process. This would involve scoping out the reporting requirements for the new VAT compliance tool, data gathering, UAT testing and assessing the exception testing requirements.
- Process maintenance and continuous improvements, including aligning processes to developing digital reporting requirements. Operation and evidence of controls over VAT reporting processes.
- Review and approval of invoices from a VAT perspective.
- Working with the VAT Compliance Senior Finance Manager to provide technical support and tax advice to the business; performing detailed analysis of tax data, reporting back on accuracy and compliance matters.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure efficient and accurate reporting. Communicates regularly with the business to ensure thorough understanding of reporting requirements and business needs.
- Professional Accountancy or Tax qualification (ACA, ACCA, CTA etc) – would consider part qualified or qualified up to 2 years PQE.
- Experience of VAT and or other tax compliance activity an advantage but not essential.
- Strong Excel and financial systems skills (eg. Oracle, Hyperion).
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.