City of London, London
£55001 - £70000 per annum
11 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for an instantly recognisable household brand name. In this varied and challenging role, you will take a leading role in Group's Indirect Tax compliance obligations for the UK and Ireland businesses including effective business support and project advisory work. To support the UK & Ireland Senior Tax Manager with the effective management and minimisation of local indirect tax risks.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Oversee group Indirect tax compliance reporting operations and activity for the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands including ensuring the accurate and timely submission of returns
- Management and supervision of two VAT specialists including provision of development support
- Support the UK and Ireland banners with the Indirect tax implications of business decisions and act as a trusted business partner for the local accounting and finance teams
- To identify and deliver improvements to VAT and indirect tax processes and systems
- Work with Group IT Services teams to support integrity of underlying financial systems for VAT reporting
- Identify and address potential areas of indirect tax risk
- Management of any local indirect tax enquiries or audits
- Anticipate and assess industry developments and legislation changes in Indirect tax and advise the business accordingly
Required Skills & Experience:
- Broad and comprehensive level of expertise in all areas of Indirect tax
- Retail experience beneficial including Bespoke Retail Scheme Agreement knowledge
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the impacts on taxation matters
- Strong IT skills with experience of SAP and MS Excel
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.