£50001 - £70000 per annum
8 months ago
In this varied and challenging role for a FTSE 100 group you will report to the Head of Tax covering Indirect Tax Advisory, compliance and process improvement.
- Building a business partner style relationship with contacts in the business in order to become the main point of contact for all indirect VAT queries, for example with regards to unusual/one off transactions and cross border arrangements.
- Provide input to the business on the implications and requirements of the Construction Industry Domestic Reverse Charge and work with the business on the development and implementation of software solutions to reduce the administrative burden of complying with the relevant legislation and guidance.
- Develop processes and associated guidance and training for the business covering the implications of cross border transactions post-Brexit
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation, case law and practice and briefing the Head of Tax on any impact on the business and its processes, including liaising with professional advisors where required.
- Due diligence work for potential acquisitions
- Review and submit quarterly UK VAT returns and bi-monthly Irish VAT returns
- Monthly/quarterly EC sales lists and Intrastat declarations in the UK and Republic of Ireland
- Monthly Registered Dealers in Controlled Oils returns and complying with registration requirements
- Control over import VAT recovery and TSS supplementary disclosures
- Management of the group VAT registration to allow for joiners and leavers
- Working with software developers and UK finance team on integration of MTD solution and ensure it is phase 2 compliant
- Working with the business on process improvements to enhance efficiency and automation and reduce the number of manual processes required in VAT return preparation and EC sales and Intrastat reporting
- Documenting VAT processes and monitoring VAT risk areas in line with SAO and CCO requirements and the group's governance framework
- Developing VAT payment analysis and forecasting process
What we are looking for
- An individual who is enthusiastic and keen to learn about the business and build relationships
- Someone who is organised, reliable and takes ownership for workstreams and deadlines
- Good communication skills are essential, in order to explain matters non-tax professionals and fully understand business drivers
- Someone who is thorough, methodical and has an eye for detail
- CTA or similar tax qualification
- Strong Excel skills
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.