£70001 - £90000 per annum
2 months ago
The VAT Manager is responsible for oversight and review of the preparation of the UK group Quarterly VAT Return (to prepared by the VAT Accountant). The job holder will work closely with other Accounting team members and colleagues in the UK Tax function. The VAT Manager role sits within the UK Tax team (part of the UK Finance function).
- Taking responsibility for oversight and delivery of UK VAT Return preparation process
- Reviewing and checking the accuracy of UK VAT Return completed by VAT Accountant, including PESM and BDR calculations, prior to submission to the UK Tax function for consolidation into the UK VAT Group return
- Reviewing balance sheet VAT related reconciliations
- Ensuring adequate record retention and compliance with HMRC documentation and process requirements
- Active participation in ongoing MTD process and systems refinements as required
- Maintaining up to date documentation of VAT processes, as required, via SOPs, process notes etc
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Internal Control requirements and identifying improvements, where required ;
- Providing advisory support in relation to ad hoc VAT matters, to include queries from HMRC, to include undertaking initial data gathering, data analysis and relevant fact finding
- Providing guidance and support to VAT Accountant
- Providing VAT training to other teams including Accounts Payable, Sales Support and etc.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Finance, UK Finance and UK Tax functions
- In due course, it is anticipated that the VAT Manager, whilst primarily dedicated to VAT matters, will have an opportunity to support the UK Tax team with broader UK VAT group compliance and advisory matters
- 5-7 years' + post qualified experience in preparation/oversight of UK VAT returns and providing ad hoc VAT advice on a range of topics;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office applications and , in particular, Excel;
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.