VAT Manager -Construction & Property
The VAT Manager reports to the Head of Tax and will be a tax technical specialist with a high level of VAT knowledge and experience. The individual is responsible for providing VAT advice to the Group, including on development land projects, managing the VAT compliance process and ensuring the Group is fully compliant with all VAT laws and regulations.
The Tax Accountant reports to the VAT Manager and the VAT Manager will be responsible for managing and developing the Tax Accountant.
- Review all VAT returns prepared by the Tax Accountant ensuring the returns are accurate and complete prior to sign off by the Head of Tax.
- Support operations teams with CIS support and supplier verifications.
- Review Capital Goods Scheme, Partial Exemption Special Method and Partial Exemption Standard method calculations, assist Tax Accountant where required.
- Identify tax compliance risks/opportunities.
- Ensure the Group’s full compliance with all new VAT tax legislation. Inform the business of any changes that may affect the organisation, monitor VAT rate changes ensuring Finance systems are updated accordingly.
- Organise and deliver VAT training sessions to the wider business.
- Provide detailed VAT advice on all new development/land projects, liaising with project teams as necessary.
- Respond to ad-hoc VAT queries from the business, supporting the Head of Tax across other taxes included corporation tax, SDLT and CIS.
- Assist the Head of Tax in managing MTVH’s relationship with HMRC.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.