City of London, London
Up to £1 per hour
26 days ago
Indirect Tax Manager (6-12 month contract)
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an established and dynamic tax team that oversees all of the tax affairs of the group globally with support from advisors.
The core purpose of this role is to manage the Group's indirect taxes globally providing advice and overseeing the compliance in all of the jurisdictions in which we operate; and supporting the product structures where necessary.
There will be a strong focus on relationship management to ensure delivery of the Group's UK and international indirect tax compliance and requirements. You responsibilities will include the following:
- Primary focus is ownership of worldwide indirect taxes compliance and advisory, working closely with the Head of Tax and the business
- Advice on indirect tax implications of new products, markets and operations.
- VAT compliance is outsourced - overseeing outsource provider to produce quarterly VAT returns, annual adjustments, ECN's etc for VAT and indirect taxes around the globe
- Working with finance to develop internal systems and procedures to improve efficiency
- Assist with VAT related queries from the business
- Assist with oversight of the tax risk management framework for all of the Group's indirect tax / payroll risk
- Involvement with corporation and international tax reporting and project work as required
- Involvement with M&A and finance & treasury related activity as and when opportunities arise
- Support with management of external relationships, including communication with HMRC and other tax authorities
Suitable candidates will have the ability to be analytical, problem solve with a good attention to detail. You will be self-motivated and driven and be able to plan and deliver projects in time.
This tax team has a unique culture and operates in an open and collaborative way, with individuals being given responsibility for work delegated to them with support from senior team members
A hybrid working arrangement and a competitive reumuneration package is on offer for this role.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.