£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits package
about 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity is on offer for a VAT Manager to establish a centraliosed VAT role within a diverse and exciting group. The role will require the ability to drive change and challenge the status quo, while ensuring that the compliance obligations are met to the highest standards.
What will you be doing:
- Review and update existing internal processes and procedures across the UK Group, identify and implement improvements.
- Review VAT returns, related filings and VAT groups across all divisions.
- Ensure appropriate risks and controls are adequately documented and tested
- Manage VAT compliance queries across the group
- Training; including preparing training materials for finance and finance processing teams.
- Providing support and advice following the transition to Making Tax Digital.
- Provide support on VAT issues, queries and audits as required.
What are we looking for:
- Relevant tax or accounting qualification
- Experience preparing and reviewing VAT returns and filings
- Excellent understanding of VAT accounting & in-depth knowledge of UK VAT legislation
- A working knowledge of TOMS is desirable
- Experience of driving efficiencies through identifying opportunities and enhancing processes and controls.
- Ability to take ownership of work and demonstrate a problem solving approach.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This role will be based remotely initially but some office presence will be required. Longer term opportunities may be on offer for the right candidate.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.