£80000 - £90000 per annum
2 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading retail group who have an opportunity available for a VAT Director to provide VAT advice in respect of acquisitions and identifying VAT opportunities within the group. They will have oversight of all of the group's VAT affairs and will need to proactively identify controls and process improvements, as well as utilising technology to provide future efficiency benefits and compliance with MTD.
The ideal candidate will be ACA / CTA qualified with VAT experience gained in a Big 4 accountancy firm, as well as some in house VAT experience within a multinational group.
The candidate will have a dedicated direct report (VAT Assistant) who will assist with the day to day data collection, allowing the VAT Director to have more of a review role and focus on value added tasks.
They will also work closely with existing in country tax resources as well as the country finance teams.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Responsible for all aspects of VAT across the UK and Europe including managing internally prepared VAT returns and intrastat returns throughout Europe
- Working with local tax contacts to lead VAT audits and identify process improvements
- Developing and maintaining standardised VAT processes and controls across the Group
- Helping the Head of Tax and existing team manage relationships with external advisors and HMRC
- Providing indirect tax input on M&A work including due diligence and transition of businesses into existing VAT groups
- Dealing with tax queries from the business, other areas of finance and the legal team
- Identifying relevant VAT opportunities and pro-actively driving these
- Maintaining a detailed, up to date technical knowledge in all indirect tax related areas
- Implementing systems improvements to ensure compliance with MTD and to improve efficiency, in particular in respect to current SAP4HANA implementation
- Developing and managing the VAT assistant who will report to the successful candidate
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.