£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 2 months ago
As the UK Indirect Tax Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for accurate completion and timely submission of indirect tax returns, and other indirect tax compliance requirements for all UK companies. You will work with internal and external service providers and other external VAT consultants where appropriate. They will be the first point of contact for the Centre of Excellence, and wider business, for UK Indirect Tax compliance issues; ensuring the Group Indirect Tax Manager and VP Group Tax are kept updated.
You will work with the Group Indirect Tax Manager to design and deliver processes and procedures for implementing indirect tax policy. This will include the use of Continuous Improvement ("CI") or similar methodologies, to identify process and system improvements. You will also monitor changes in legislation and work with the Group Indirect Tax Manager to implement changes to maintain compliance for UK business units.
Reporting to the Vice President of Group Tax, you will be a part of an organization that promotes personal development, growth, and career progression and who will provide you with the tools and training you need to excel in the industry.
- Indirect Tax Returns & Reconciliations
- Reviewing all Indirect Tax returns, keeping the Group Indirect Tax Manager and other internal stakeholders informed
- Managing the progress of returns and ensure that potential issues are identified and followed up in a timely manner
- Acting as primary liaison between the Group Indirect Tax Manager, outsourced providers, Group Operational Audit, Finance and Centre of Excellence teams, ensuring that issues are properly resolved by the appropriate parties.
- Providing support across the team to reduce the risk of non-compliance due to short-term absences
- Supporting VAT General Ledger reconciliations and make information available to the COE for internal and external audit
- Liaising with Finance teams to ensure that VAT related Finance processes such as payment preparation, journals and input of data are completed on a timely and complete basis
- Assisting the Group Indirect Tax Manager with the transition of new business areas into the Group Indirect Tax return process
- Other general VAT related tasks and reports as required
- Responding to indirect tax compliance questions, in a timely manner, ensuring that relevant options are reviewed, and recommendations are provided and documented.
- Maintaining contact with the tax authorities and assist with audits as required
- Monitoring changes to indirect tax legislation and provide analysis and support for any system or process changes required.
Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Providing input to CI or other projects arising from indirect tax issues and questions, to ensure that proposed solutions are in line with known compliance requirements
- Driving CI identification and initiation, through analysis of VAT returns or legislative changes, to provide opportunities for efficiencies within COE or local Finance team processes
- Working with the Group Indirect Tax Manager to identify and implement indirect tax led SAP system configuration and VAT code set-up changes, including changes to related reports
- Managing indirect tax testing processes, for SAP system configuration changes, to include analysis of implications for indirect tax compliance and reporting.
- Hands on approach; experience of producing UK VAT returns or reviewing UK VAT data
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible working style with the ability to embrace change and multi task
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.