VAT Compliance Manager
The VAT compliance manager is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Management of the VAT compliance for all legal entities and returns within the remit of the EMEA SSC.
- Review and submission of VAT returns in accordance with statutory deadlines.
- Ensuring the timely payment of all relevant VAT liabilities
- Oversight and reviewing of VAT Balance Sheet Reconciliations by set deadline, ensuring appropriate back up and issues resolved in a timely manner
- Review and submission of annual VAT returns
- Oversight and reviewing of monthly EC Sales lists and Intrastat declarations
- Preparation and delivery of VAT training where necessary to Tax & Financial Accounting Team or other SSC teams/business
- Ensure clear and concise working papers are maintained and suitable for audit purposes
- Advise other Teams within SSC on VAT compliance issues and queries, offering support on invoice complexities and coding
- Management of setting up new VAT registrations
- Liaising with UK and overseas Tax Authorities on issues or audits
- Managing relationships with external Tax Advisers on VAT submissions and queries
- Complete system testing for new VAT rule changes/projects
- Ensure systems are up to date for VAT rate changes, liaising with relevant system teams
- Maintaining a record of VAT rules by both country and type of supply
- Assist with the relevant project work where required (e.g acquisitions, divestments, restructuring etc)
People Management Responsibilities
- Oversee, motivate and manage your team
- People development to ensure the effectiveness of all staff within the department concentrating on both performance and soft skill development
- Planning and prioritising the work within the department ensuring resource management is considered
- Preparation and reporting of specific performance metrics within agreed deadlines
- Ensure a robust communication structure is in place across the team to ensure all key messages are communicated.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.