£35000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading FTSE 250 business services group. The tax analyst role will report into the Global Head of Financial Operations and will be part of Euromoney's Finance function. The role is responsible for the preparation and submission of the Group's indirect tax returns for the non-US entities, with oversight from the Head of Indirect Tax. The tax analyst will also work with the Head of Indirect Tax to put in place robust processes and tracking to ensure the Group is compliant from an Indirect Tax perspective.
- Managing the accurate compliance and delivery of VAT reporting for all UK subsidiaries in UK, EU and other countries where group may have a presence
- Establish a robust process in preparing all VAT, MOSS, Sales Tax and EC Sales Lists returns.
- Managing the accurate delivery of US Sales Tax reporting for all states, including fully implementing processes for collecting US Sales Taxes for the UK entities
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of the UK VAT group's MOSS return (approval granted by Head of Indirect Tax)
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of the UK VAT group's EC Sales List of VAT returns (approval granted by Head of Indirect Tax)
- Oversee outsourced service provider to ensure effective Tax compliance of all overseas UK subsidiaries. The UK entities are registered in a number of EU Countries and in Russia, South Africa and Switzerland.
- Own and manage tax compliance tracker, ensuring it is kept up to date and that all tax compliance deadlines are met
- Ensure all month end processes are actioned on a timely basis including preparation of VAT return journals. reconciliation of the VAT balance sheet accounts and posting required for adjustments. Clear backlog of open issues
- Help with and manage the working relationship with the Tax Authorities during routine audits and ad hoc enquiries.
- Reviewing and developing methods of working and reporting systems to achieve continuous improvement
- Managing UK Indirect Tax Risk and minimising the impact of that risk on both group and its customers including Group Registrations as required
- Responding quickly to legislative changes in the UK and ensuring that group can remains compliant
- Input into providing support for the year end and half year processes
- Assist in other duties as directed that contribute to the overall UK indirect tax governance and reporting framework
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.