£80000 - £85000 per annum
8 months ago
The VAT Team is part of Group Tax and is responsible for handling the VAT risk of this Banking Group as a whole. This role involves working as part of a team and would provide informative, high quality sophisticated output, advice and mentorship tailored to senior partner needs, operating as a Tax specialist.
Principle accountabilities include but are not limited to;
- Providing a proactive comprehensive advisory service to ensure that the business is aware of the risks of non-compliance
- Handling relationships with important internal customers and act as their business partner, while taking mentorship from their senior peer group
- Identifying shortcomings, suggesting improvements and implementing approved revisions to current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or subject area
- Analysing key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business
- Growing own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities and providing specialised training or mentor in area of expertise to others throughout the organisation
- Identifying shortcomings and suggesting improvements, to deliver a plan for a small element of an organisational change programme with mentorship of a project/programme manager
- Developing procedures and interpreting and applying policy for a specific area of the business to achieve specified outputs, or providing advice to the wider business on application of policy; then monitoring implementation of those procedures within the organisation
- Delivering own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established programme management plan
- Delivering prescribed outcomes for a designated area, using risk management systems to ensure the organisation is not exposed to undue risks
- Developing and/or delivering insightful observations for significant aspects of the tax systems with mentorship from senior colleagues
- Developing and designing content for training courses in specific functional areas to fill gaps in established programs; runs sophisticated and/or customised training courses to improve employee performance within specific functional area.
The role includes working with regulatory bodies and industry groups to develop and implement regulatory change.
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge;
- You'll be experienced in providing technical VAT and IPT (although not essential) advice, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of Legislation and applicable case law.
- A Tax qualification is preferable and strong knowledge of VAT and Financial Services is a requirement for the role.
- You will be a natural when it comes to relationship management skills, with a proven ability to analyse, challenge and influence.
- This is an Advisory role and the successful applicant should have experience in managing different stakeholder relationships at all levels.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.