£50000 - £60000 per annum
11 months ago
Sitting within this large FS Global Indirect Tax team, this key role will play a critical part in managing the indirect tax compliance and accounting affairs for the group. The role will principally involve the preparation of group UK VAT group VAT returns and the review of other VAT, GST and indirect tax returns across the EMEA, LATAM and APAC regions. The role offers the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external; provide thought leadership across indirect tax processes, controls and use of tax technology; support with tax audits; coach and develop junior team members; be involved in a variety of project work - both indirect tax specific and firm-wide.
We're looking for a highly skilled VAT professional, who is well organised, has very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple work streams with varied deadlines.
- Preparation, completion and filing of BlackRock's UK VAT group quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation and completion of UK Annual Adjustment and Capital Goods Scheme adjustment calculations
- Review of VAT, GST and other indirect tax returns across EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Review of fund VAT returns
- VAT accounting for UK entities, including: posting adjustments to the general ledger; ensuring prompt resolution of any accounting issues; completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations; responding to queries from external auditors
- Review of indirect tax accounting, including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, for group entities in EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Supporting with tax audits, and responses to tax authority requests
- Actively contributing to the development and enhancement of indirect tax processes and controls
- Responding to indirect tax queries from business groups, external advisers and other stakeholders
- Enhancing knowledge of indirect tax across the business and providing guidance to business groups
- Supporting with project work, both indirect tax specific and the indirect tax aspects of wider organisational initiatives
- Supporting indirect tax technology initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years' continuous experience working in VAT
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form
- Ability to develop a network and collaborative working relationships across multiple teams internally, and with external tax advisors
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail with ability to manage multiple work streams with varied deadlines
- Team player, with an ability to adjust to change and the desire to take on responsibility
- Ability to coach and develop junior team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.