£40001 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 100 group in a varied and challenging VAT Accountant role. They offer flexible working and depending on circumstances can offer full remote working.
- Preparation and review of allocated VAT returns (UK and overseas)
- Review of EC Sales lists and intrastat declarations
- Review of balance sheet tax related reconciliations by set deadline
- Assist with the review of the annual PSA returns
- Monitor postings made to VAT accounts and ensuring all journals are supported by appropriate documentation and correctly posted
- Provide advice and guidance to other teams within the shared services and within the divisions in terms of offering guidance on new products, invoice complexities and adhoc queries.
- Assist with setting up new VAT registrations across the world
- Complete system testing for new VAT rules and new products
- Ensure systems are up to date for Vat rate changes, liaising with the system teams as appropriate
- Prepare and provide VAT training to other SSC teams and the business as required
- Maintain accurate working papers and documentation in accordance with department policy
- Liaise with tax advisors, both overseas and UK, as required
- Assist in addressing Tax authority queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with relevant project work (eg. acquisitions, disposals, restructuring etc)
- Assist with the provision of information for audit queries
- Assist with non-routine ad hoc VAT matters as required
- Assist and train T&FA Accountants where required
What we're looking for
- Qualified accountant or tax professional (ACA/ACCA/AAT/CTA/VAT Diploma preferred)
- 4 years relevant Tax & Financial Accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including a wide range of stakeholders within the business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Improves processes & systems
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.