£65000 - £75000 per annum
9 days ago
The VAT Compliance Specialist/Accountant is responsible for preparation of the UK Quarterly VAT Return and monthly Intrastat return. The job holder will work closely with other Accounting team members and colleagues of UK Tax.
- Prepare UK VAT return and Intrastat by extracting data from various IT applications, verifying the data, analysing transaction by applying UK VAT rules;
- Conduct product, fees/charges, transactional reviews by following internal SOPs and HMRC VAT compliance guidance
- Ensure the compliance with UK VAT compliance rules by reviewing/addressing any changes in the data supplied for VAT Return purposes both driven by changes in IT applications and in business.
- MaintainUK VAT Records by keeping in order relevant VAT Return files and maintaining an audit trail for any transactions which were reviewed as part of VAT Return preparation process.
- Initiate and implement improvements in relation to the VAT return preparation process;
- The expected results of the function are: 1. Timely submission of VAT return for submission to UK tax and 2. Improvement of quality of the UK VAT return by performing extra manual activities (for instance by sampling transactions).
- 2-5 years experience in preparation of UK VAT returns;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office applications and , in particular, Excel;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.