£55000 - £65000 per annum
2 months ago
We are looking for an VAT Accountant to join the finance team for well know fashion retailer. You will manage the indirect tax compliance obligations and provide advise to key stakeholders across the business.
- Technical review of monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly VAT/GST data, analyse for accuracy and reconcile figures
- Prepare and file Indirect Tax returns within deadlines
- Review Indirect Tax compliance outsourced to external advisors.
- Review and document end-to-end processes and controls, manage process of continuous improvement and evaluate further opportunities for automation.
- Monitor and report on regulatory and legislative regimes, identifying potential tax risk or opportunities and advise management of effective solutions
- Appraise new projects and set up registrations and compliance processes in new territories.
- Business partner and provide advise on wide range of Indirect Tax issues, and provide training where necessary.
- Assist with the management of tax audits and other tax authority queries and interactions.
- Manage third party relationships auditors, tax advisers and tax authorities.
- Qualified accountancy experience (ATT, CTA or equivalent)
- An understanding of ERP systems and indirect tax compliance processes and software.
- 5 years' experience of Indirect Tax, either in professional services or in-house environment, with strong technical capabilities.
- Strong basic accounting knowledge
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.