US & Canada Tax Manager/Senior Manager
Manage all Federal, international and State & Local Tax matters in US & Canada including preparation and filing of tax returns; preparation of ASC 740 tax provision; tax planning; tax audit; transfer pricing; negotiate incentive schemes (grants, credits, etc.).
Supervisory Capacity: Direct Reports: 1-5
- Coordinate communication of US&Canada income tax and State&Local Tax issues with various North American business teams (Plants, Procurement, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, etc)
- Comply with all tax requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Manage timely and accurate preparation, review, and filing of all returns related to income tax, State&Local Tax, franchise and excise Tax, US property Tax
- Ensure proper financial reporting of US&Canada income taxes (payables/deferred taxes), including interface with external financial statement auditors & government auditors (valuation allowance analysis, transfer pricing risks, etc.)
- Lead tax audit defense including drafting issue responses and direct contact with tax authorities
- Support other departments with tax queries (transfer pricing, restructuring, tax exemption certificate, tax rate determination, proper tax treatment of certain transactions, etc.)
- Manage preparation and oversight of Transfer Pricing documentation reports for US&Canada
- Support negotiation of incentive schemes with various US states and local authorities as well as continue to monetize existing grants (monitor continuous compliance with grant’s conditions and defend grant audit)
- Identify and execute tax planning opportunities (cash tax savings, BEAT minimization, tax credits, 163j, property tax reduction, etc.)
- Manage R&D tax credit process performed by outside service provider
- Manage FATCA / CRS / FBARs and other Information Reporting process (W-8, W-9, 1099, 1042)
- Manage relationship and review work performed by outside service providers
- Manage your US tax team (1-2 persons)
- Support US & Canada tax strategies to align with business objectives
- Identify and implement tax process improvements underlying the tax function
- Support the tax director in preparing quarterly report for upper management (Global CFO and Global finance team) on US&Canada tax position (tax attributes detailed analysis, tax risks and mitigation plans, domestic and international regulatory changes impacting the business, planning and restructuring opportunities, etc.)
- Be part of a flexible team supporting your growth: Depending on desire and capability, possibility to develop new competencies by getting involved, either independently or in support of the NA, EU & South Africa tax director, on global or regional tax projects
Required Qualifications (Experience Level, Skills, Knowledge):
10+ years combined public accounting and/or corporate tax experience.
1-3 Minimum Years of Experience within the automotive industry
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
Must possess strong tax research, compliance, and planning skills and the ability to transfer application of tax theory to company’s business transactions
In-depth knowledge of US federal and state tax
Comfortable in making decisions and working independently
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, self-motivated
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.