Our client isn an instantly recogniseable wealth management business. As part of a succession plan they are looking to bring on board a trust manager.
The Trust Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing a portfolio of trusts and providing expert guidance to clients in relation to their wealth planning and fiduciary needs. As a Trust Manager, you will ensure the smooth administration of trusts, maintaining compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and delivering exceptional service to clients. You will collaborate closely with internal teams, external professionals, and clients to provide comprehensive trust management solutions.
- Oversee the administration of a portfolio of trusts, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and review trust documents, including trust deeds, wills, and related legal agreements.
- Manage trust accounts, including asset transfers, investment activities, distributions, and reporting.
- Monitor trust performance, including investment performance, risk management, and adherence to trust objectives.
Client Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, acting as a trusted advisor and point of contact for their trust-related matters.
- Understand clients’ financial goals, risk tolerance, and estate planning needs to provide tailored solutions.
- Conduct regular client meetings and reviews to assess trust performance, address client concerns, and provide strategic advice.
Wealth Planning and Fiduciary Services:
- Collaborate with clients and their professional advisors to develop comprehensive wealth planning strategies, taking into account tax, legal, and financial considerations.
- Advise clients on fiduciary matters, including trust structures, charitable giving, estate planning, and succession planning.
- Coordinate with external professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, and tax advisors, to ensure cohesive and integrated solutions for clients.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies in trust administration and operations.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with trust structures and activities.
- Stay up to date with changes in legislation and regulations impacting trusts, and communicate implications to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as investment managers, financial planners, and legal professionals, to provide holistic wealth management solutions.
- Work closely with colleagues to share knowledge, best practices, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior members of the trust administration team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, accounting, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Ideally a Relevant professional certifications such as STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in trust administration, fiduciary services, or wealth planning, preferably within a private banking or wealth management environment.
- Strong knowledge of trust law, tax regulations, and wealth planning strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail, with the ability to review complex legal and financial documents.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to work autonomously while managing multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications and tools for trust administration and reporting.
For more details – get in touch to discuss this outstandugn role.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.