£85000 - £90000 per annum + Car, bonus and benefits
6 months ago
Ideally January 2020
Our client is a global professional services firm ranked just outside the Big 4. It has a considerable VAT team and they are currently looking for an experienced Manager or Senior Manager who will come into the team into this pivotal role.
The VAT team provides VAT and customs advice across all sectors, managing the compliance but also advising clients on changes in legislation and how to prepare for upcoming bumps in the road! There is a specific need for someone who has some real estate exposure; the role will not be exclusively real estate but knowledge of this sector is a prerequisite.
To be a successful Senior Manager you must be technically very strong and be able to apply your knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues.
The successful candidate will be involved with the following (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Working across a wide range of both international and UK investors on structuring their real estate and related investments in the UK. The international jurisdictions the work involves include primarily China and the Far East and the US
- Day-to-day advice including a wide variety of issues - from build to rent to commercial construction projects, student accommodation to care homes, hospitality to large mixed-use regeneration schemes
- VAT advisory projects, becoming an integral part in providing advice to clients on their development projects, property transactions, structuring their business tax efficiently and due diligence assignments
- Managing a large, mixed portfolio of clients
- Participating and leading in business development initiatives and proposal activity
Applicants must have the following:
- Strong technical experience in providing face to face and written advice to clients
- Very good inter-personal skills and the ability to demonstrate that they are able to forge long-standing business relationships
- Post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent) (minimum requirement)
- Experience of managing a large portfolio of tax clients
- Business Development experience
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.