Tax Supervising Senior, Individual Taxes
- Responsible for preparation and review of individual tax returns, estimated tax filings, extensions calculations and related filings, including various state tax return filings.
- Provide consulting and advisory services to owners and executives throughout the year. In addition to compliance, this job relies heavily on the time spent communicating and working directly with the owners and executives.
- Will exhibit a comprehensive knowledge of the tax issues facing individuals, while also having a knowledge of C-corps, S-corps and Partnerships, especially in the areas of tax compliance and tax accounting.
- Perform special tax projects as they arise, oversee work performed by outside tax service providers.
- Maintain proficiency with respect to current tax laws, tax law changes, CCH Axcess or other similar software, tax research tools and tax planning software.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage workflow and teams within deadlines, adhering and participating in all standard structured meetings.
- Performs people (HR) related functions, such as recruitment, assessing and selecting, performance reviews, disciplinary actions (with support of employee relations), compensation administration, transferring and promotion of team members. Possess the ability to coach and mentor staff, including providing timely and meaningful feedback.
- Display good communication skills needed to build relationships with owners, executives and key internal employees. Occasionally meeting directly with key stakeholders.
- Experience working with and responding to federal, state and local tax inquiries and audit requests.
- Participate in process improvements with the goal to streamline processes to achieve operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of performance metrics.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, as well as state, federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax or Accounting with 5+ years of tax compliance and consulting experience.
- CPA or EA license.
- Experience managing a team of tax professionals.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.