Tax Project Manager, State Tax
Job Description: We are seeking an experienced state income tax professional to join our State Tax Planning team. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10+ years of state income/franchise tax compliance experience and a strong interest in state income/franchise tax planning, policy, and M&A.
- Support all levels of state income tax compliance, including analysis, preparation, and/or review of complex multistate income/franchise tax returns, audit support, and ASC 740-10/FIN 48 tracking and analysis.
- Analyze, develop, document, and execute state income/franchise tax planning projects.
- Provide multistate income/franchise tax support to deal teams and business units across the organization, focusing on renewable energy projects, as well as pending acquisitions, dispositions, financings, reorganizations, restructurings, and joint ventures, aiming to optimize tax treatment.
- Model the cash and U.S. GAAP state income/franchise tax implications of transactions.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Effectively communicate complex technical tax issues in written and verbal forms to management and internal stakeholders, including the finance business unit.
- Analyze large and complex datasets and present findings in a clear and understandable manner.
- Conduct comprehensive state income/franchise tax research and effectively convey findings concisely.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills, collaborating effectively with subject matter specialists and proactively supporting the business.
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment that requires regular reprioritization.
- 5 to 10+ years of multistate income/franchise tax compliance experience, with a preference for experience in state income/franchise tax planning (a law degree may count towards the required experience).
- Thorough understanding of state income tax apportionment methodologies and related issues.
- Solid knowledge of state income tax accounting rules and methods.
- Proficiency in Excel; experience with Alteryx, Power BI, or similar tools is a plus.
- CPA (U.S.), Master’s in Tax, or Juris Doctorate (J.D.).
- CPA (U.S.) or Member in Good Standing of a State Bar (U.S.).
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.