City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A global insurance group is looking for a corporate tax specialist to join their group tax function, based in their UK HQs in the City of London.
The ideal candidate will be managing two tax accountants within corporate tax, whilst reporting into the Head of Tax. A diverse, commercial and innovative tax team with lot's of things to get involved in.
A mix of advisory, tax accounting, projects and supporting the head of tax on regular tax matters.
- Supervision of UK corporate tax team and managing the tax compliance for UK companies associated with the insurance group.
- Reviewing of the CT filings UK insurance companies.
- Responsible for tax affairs of their wholly aligned syndicate, and the Lloyds member.
- Preparation of group relief schedules and current/deferred tax notes for statutory accounts across the business.
- Analysis of general ledger accounts by location of risk for US tax purposes.
- Write and maintain the procedure manual for the UK companies on CT.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes within the tax market.
- Providing ad-hoc support on various projects with the UK and US tax team.
- Assist in preparation of transfer pricing report.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the head of tax on complex tax matters.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in corporation tax. Familiar with the insurance sector is beneficial. ACA or CTA qualified with solid corporate tax compliance, advisory and reporting hands on experience. Someone who has good leadership and team management skills to lead a team. Someone with the right confidence, gravitas and resilience to interact with the business whilst leading the team.
Please get in touch if you are interested and meet the required skill set: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 3322 138
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.