A global insurance group is looking for a corporate tax specialist to join their group tax function, based in their UK HQs in the City of London.
The ideal candidate will be managing two tax accountants within corporate tax, whilst reporting into the Head of Tax. A diverse, commercial and innovative tax team with lot's of things to get involved in.
A mix of advisory, tax accounting, projects and supporting the head of tax on regular tax matters.
- Supervision of UK corporate tax team and managing the tax compliance for UK companies associated with the insurance group.
- Providing ad-hoc support on various projects with the UK and US tax team.
- Assist in preparation of transfer pricing report.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the head of tax on complex tax matters.
- Review of the Corporation Tax filings UK Insurance companies
- Responsible for tax affairs of our wholly aligned syndicate, and the Lloyds member.
- Review of LACDT for Solvency II purposes
- Preparation of Group Relief schedules
- Preparation of Current and Deferred Tax notes for statutory accounts
- Write report on our tax accounting arrangements for the SAO
- Review Tax information requests on UK companies
- Analysis of general ledger accounts by location of risk for US tax purposes
- Review reconciliations of Current and Deferred Tax accounts in the General Ledger
- Write and maintain the procedure manual for the UK companies on Corporate Taxes
- Tax True Up calculations and journal postings
- Co-ordinate quarterly accrual process
- Provide commentary quarterly on variances in effective tax rates
- Answering ad hoc queries from US office tax team
- Minimum 5 years tax experience
- Solid UK CT experience
- ACA or CTA qualified
- Insurance knowledge is an advantage
Please get in touch if you are interested and meet the required skill set: email@example.com or 0207 3322 138
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.