- Provide tax technical expertise, support, oversight and guidance to the local finance team working with Global Tax Advisors ensuring all aspects of domestic compliance and audits including federal, state, and local income tax returns are reviewed and submitted.
- Oversee the preparation of data and submission of information to the Global Tax Advisors ensuring all returns are submitted and payments are made on a timely basis.
- Manage the Tax provision preparation, income tax compliance, and audit of the tax accounting, including supervision of/and/or interaction with internal resources and external service providers for Federal and State.
- Review tax computations such as 163j, 263A, FDII, BEAT, 481a, and R&D credits, etc.
- Assist with execution of Group transfer pricing policy (including contemporanous documentation) and forecasting of effective tax rate to ensure accurate accounting for income taxes in interim periods.
- Maintain close working relationships with the local finance and key business stakeholders to understand key business developments to identify, assess and communicate related tax implications to management.
- Manage financial reporting of income taxes by monitoring and communicating emerging tax laws, legislation and rulings regulations. Research, analyze, and quantify any impact to company’s financial statements and maintain strong knowledge of the industry and the of business.
- Continually evaluate processes and procedures offering recommendations and driving improvements to streamline process and provide central oversight.
- Support North America Tax Director and International Tax Director in assessment of M&A tax dilligence risks, integration step plan design and execution.
- Assist local finance with indirect tax inquiries related to sales/use tax, GST/HST, property taxes, & customs duty.
- Support Legal Entity Reduction programme in North America
- Ability to flex style and deliver in a fast paced, transformational environment driving change and continuous improvement with a positive attitude and critical mindset
- Ability to work to deadlines and capable of managing numerous work streams at once
- Ability to problem solve, think analytically and proactively drive solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaboration sharing knowledge and ideas
- Ability to build and develop strong internal / external relationships
- Must be a confident communicator (gravitas) with good interpersonal skills
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of corporate income tax experience working or with large multinational and/or public companies
- Comprehensive understanding and hands-on application of tax accounting under both GAAP including effective tax rate, tax expense, deferred tax assets and liabilities with related disclosures.
- Strong working Knowledge of Federal and state tax forms/filings including but not limited to: 1120, 1120-F, 5472, 5471, 8858, and 1042.
- CPA or equivalent
- Experience in a big 4 public accounting firm
- Software / SaaS industry experience
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.