As a Tax Manager you are responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. A Tax Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues as well as recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy. In addition, you will be involved in the marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise and specialization and may be asked to provide written tax advice to clients.
- 5-8+ years minimum tax experience with a large local, regional or national public accounting firm
- Prepare and review complex federal, state and local tax returns for individuals, partnerships, and corporations within a variety of industries
- In-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation
- Build relationships and interact with new and existing clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and industry knowledge expertise
- Involved in the marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise and specialization
- Represent the firm in professional and service organizations, communicate and reinforce firm culture, and mentor and coach others
- Responsible for billing and profitability of all assigned engagements
- Supervises associates and senior associates on all projects
- Reviews work prepared by associates and senior associates and provide review comments
- Trains Associates and Seniors how to use all current software tools
- Must be analytical with the ability to see the big picture
- Strong computer skills (CCH Engagement, CCH Axcess, Quickbooks – preferred)
- CPA required
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.