About the Job
The Corporate Tax Manager will serve as an experienced tax professional with strong income tax provision skills, as well as solid federal corporate tax experience. This role will be responsible for a variety of tasks in the areas of tax accounting and reporting, tax planning, and tax compliance. This role will also be responsible for preparation and review of ASC 740 calculations and disclosures, including not limited to preparing work papers and collecting appropriate information for determining deferred tax balance sheet accounts, tax provision and asset valuation for quarterly and year-end filings. This is a remote flexible role.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Tax department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives in defined area.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving internal customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the company’s annual budget process and provides recommendations; ensuring compliance to company budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to Director.
- Manages components of monthly ASC 740 compliance and reporting; including but not limited to identification and reporting of unrecognized tax benefits associated with uncertain tax benefits.
- Supervises and reviews federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments; including but not limited to assisting business segments/properties and outside accounting firm.
- Assists with federal and state/local income tax audits.
- Analyzes tax sensitive general ledger accounts and activity. Makes recommendations for improvement and corrections as needed.
- Manages and assists with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Makes recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Performs technical research and analysis with respect to tax strategies and compliance matters.
- Designs, implements and continually improves procedures to facilitate pro-active identification and resolution of tax issues.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters
- Six or more years of experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership experience required.
- Must have solid understanding of federal and state income tax concepts, in addition to income tax accounting principles, including ASC 740 and accounting for uncertain tax positions.
- Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Must have experience with tax provision and return preparation software.
- Knowledge of tax accounting preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform tasks of subordinates as needed,
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet assigned deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple projects, and processes simultaneously.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have the ability to interact with colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.