This is an opportunity to join one of the world’s leading consumer electronics and entertainment businesses on an interim basis. The position will be based in newly renovated, impressive offices in the heart of central London. Candidates will be available to start at short notice and longer term opportunities may be on offer for the right candidate.
The company wishes to recruit a Senior Tax Accountant/Tax Manager in the European tax team in Central London.
The tax team carries a high profile and offers superb opportunities for personal development both within the UK and abroad.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the quarterly IFRS and year end UK GAAP / IFRS statutory tax reporting for various UK businesses (note that Sony is currently adopting IFRS and for the year ended 31 March 2021 will dual report under IFRS and US GAAP. US GAAP knowledge is not a requirement).
- Review of the quarterly tax calculations for European group companies’ management reporting submissions.
- Involvement with tax planning work
- Responsibility for UK tax compliance process, including the preparation and lodgement of tax returns, maintaining the relationship with HMRC and identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Working with European group companies to understand their tax compliance processes and provide support and education on tax matters in order to ensure adherence to appropriate internal compliance controls.
- Communication and regular liaison with the relevant business finance teams in order to create and maintain good working relationships.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from the businesses.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels within the organisation.
- A self-confident and personable team player with good networking and communication skills.
- A flexible hands-on approach with lots of initiative, success orientated and eager to take on additional responsibilities.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.