This role is remote and can be based anywhere on the East Coast
The Tax Manager – Americas, working closely with the Tax Director – Americas, will manage tax planning, controversy, M&A, and oversee outsourced compliance and reporting. The Tax Manager – Americas will also work with International Tax and Transfer Pricing Senior Manager on intercompany transaction planning, compliance and reporting.
The role holder will be a pro-active business partner, advising the business on all aspects of Americas tax.
Responsible for managing the complex US group set up with numerous foreign subsidiaries and disregarded entities.
The position requires expertise in all aspects of US tax law, including an solid understanding of tax law of other jurisdictions in the region.
- Supports across a range of diverse and critical projects across the region including, cross-border financing, M&A, restructuring, intercompany transactions to optimize the tax situation (cash tax and ETR) and to reduce tax exposures
- Tax Controversy – support with managing tax audit processes in the region and advising on resolution strategies
- Business Partnering – partner with the business to develop successful long-term strategic relationships. Being seen as a true value-adding business partner, advising on operations, transactions and other activities to achieve shared organizational objectives. Working closely with other group functions.
- Tax reporting & compliance – delivers the region’s tax compliance and reporting obligations (including federal, state & local and sales & use taxes) through managing a combination of in-house finance resources and external advisors, ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place
- Preparation of regional ETR and cash tax forecasts
- Risk & controls – reviewing processes, building out a controls framework and risk policies suitable for the group with a continuous improvement mindset seeking out innovative solutions
- Reviews new regional legislation and reporting standards and advises on the implications for the effective tax rate, cash forecasts and disclosures, updating relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Investigate and implement tax optimization opportunities
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.