- Manage all aspects of the tax cycle, with a focus on the annual form 990-PF and 990-T filings for two entities, along with related quarterly estimates, extensions and accompanying forms.
- Partner with external tax prepares for successful filing of all federal and state returns. Maintain internal tax schedules and compliance processes and provide requested items to external tax preparers.
- Responsible for recording, tracking and analyzing investment activity for tax and GAAP reporting. Maintain cost-basis investment schedules and calculate realized gains for tax purposes. Analyze incoming K-1s and similar investment schedules for the purpose of calculating the Foundation’s taxes.
- Monitor the foundation’s activities for compliance with IRS rules for private foundations, and escalate as appropriate. Collaborate with cross-functional teams on Foundation-wide compliance initiatives. Maintain tax- and compliance-specific records, including disqualified persons and self-dealing, minimum distributions, excess business holdings, jeopardizing investments, and taxable expenditures.
- Manage recurring tax reporting requirements and respond to external requests, inclusive of tax notices, regulatory filings and surveys.
- Monitor and calculate unrelated business taxable income (“UBTI”) generated by the Foundation’s activities.
- Maintain and analyze tax-specific accounts used to track UBTI, grant disbursements subject to expenditure responsibility requirements and other similar accounts required for regulatory reporting.
- Remain current on US GAAP, IRS regulations and other regulatory developments impacting private foundations.
- Research technical accounting and tax issues and draft accounting memos to document complex matters/decisions. Coordinate with management, external auditors and tax accountants where appropriate.
- Support ongoing efforts to improve processes and automate manual tasks. Propose strategies to make operations more efficient.
- Take on any additional responsibilities or special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax, finance or business is preferred. Other degrees will be considered based on level of relevant experience.
- CPA or CPA license in progress
- At least five years of relevant tax and accounting experience is required.
- Experience with larger organizations with varied lines of business, and experience with complex investment portfolios is preferred.
- Experience with exempt organizations, either in public accounting or in industry is preferred.
- Experience with private foundations and familiarity with Chapter 42 excise taxes is a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and critical-thinking skills and the ability to prioritize workload to deliver high-quality results on time
- Adaptive to a dynamic, rapidly growing work environment
- Strong team player while also having ability to manage work independently
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.