Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate the preparation of federal and state income and franchise tax returns, including estimated payments with the CPA firm
- Coordinate preparation of premium tax returns, including estimated payments with the CPA firm
- Monthly preparation of premium and miscellaneous tax accruals for accounting
- Quarterly preparation of GAAP and STAT tax accruals providing entries to Accounting and footnote information to Financial Reporting
- Analysis of deferred tax asset valuation allowance for both GAAP and STAT
- Ownership of all tax software relationships
- Coordinate the preparation and/or oversight (if outsourced) of miscellaneous local tax filings
- Provide assistance to Payroll with premium and state tax matters
- Provide tax assistance in connection with budgeting and forecasting
- Coordinate GAAP and STAT tax areas with external auditors
- Stay abreast of tax matters that may impact the Company
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a tax-related role.
- Comprehensive and demonstrable technical skills related to general accounting principles, ASC 740, U.S. GAAP, and federal and state income tax concepts
- Demonstrable track record as a team leader: building an atmosphere of trust; providing technical training and mentorship to other team members
- Must have a current CPA license and, ideally, a degree in accounting or a related discipline
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop solutions around new facts or tax law changes
- Must be a team player that thrives in demanding, intellectually charged environments and possesses credibility with all levels of management, be collaborative, and contribute across the breadth of the business and its senior management team
- Are a change agent, confident as a self-starter, and a diligent problem solver.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and monitoring internal controls associated with the financial reporting process
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations to remain compliant with our tax practices and controls
- Collaborative approach with the ability to work well with finance and non-finance partners across the company
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.