What You’ll Do:
- Tax Strategy Development: Develop and implement effective tax strategies to minimize the company’s tax liabilities while ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Tax Compliance: Prepare and review complex corporate tax returns, ensuring accurate and timely submission. Stay updated with changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure ongoing compliance.
- ASC740 tax provision reporting: Collaborate with the finance team to accurately reflect tax provisions in financial statements and ensure proper documentation for tax reporting.
- Tax Planning: Analyze financial data, identify tax optimization opportunities, and provide guidance on business decisions that have tax implications.
- Transfer Pricing: Manage transfer pricing policies to ensure compliance with global regulations and optimize the company’s international tax position.
- Tax Audits and Controversies: Represent the company during tax audits, inquiries, and assessments. Collaborate with external tax advisors and legal counsel as needed to resolve any tax controversies.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with various departments such as Legal, Finance, and Operations to provide tax insights on business initiatives, transactions, and contracts.
- Risk Management: Assess potential tax risks and develop strategies to mitigate them. Maintain documentation for tax positions taken and ensure adherence to internal controls.
- Research and Analysis: Stay current with changing tax regulations, case law, and industry trends. Conduct research and analysis to ensure the company remains compliant and takes advantage of available tax incentives.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify process enhancements and implement best practices to streamline tax processes and improve efficiency.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; Master’s degree in Taxation or CPA preferred.
- Years of progressive experience in corporate tax, with 5-10 years in a managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Experience with tax planning, transfer pricing, and international taxation.
- Proficiency in tax software, accounting systems, Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop a team.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.