- Interact regularly with Company accounting and financial reporting personnel to obtain a working knowledge of the business, from both accounting and operating perspectives.
- Analyze and review data to calculate tax impacts from both a tax provision and tax compliance perspective.
- Review preparation of the U.S. Federal income tax returns.
- Review estimates of taxable income to support Company’s estimated federal tax payments.
- Participate in the preparation of the quarterly tax provision.
- Understanding of tax basis balance sheet.
- Perform tax research.
- Document and provide recommendations regarding proper tax compliance reporting treatment of transactions.
- Assist with gathering data to address IRS and external auditor inquiries.
- Manage and review work of the support staff focused on domestic tax compliance.
- Ensure proper controls are maintained over the tax compliance function.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Participate in special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting preferred).
- Minimum 6 years income tax related and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. tax laws.
- Strong knowledge of financial statement mechanics.
- Experience with U.S. Federal tax provisions and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong management skills with ability to efficiently manage time of direct reports to ensure deadlines are met.
- Willing to cross train within the tax department.
- Flexible to overtime.
- Strong computer skills (CorpTax, SAP, Microsoft 365 apps).
- Prior energy income tax experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws related to Employee Compensation.
- Master of Taxation or equivalent degree.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.