Tax Lawyer – Senior Associate
Our client is well known for delivering excellent service, incisive thinking, and an unwavering focus on what truly matters. Their commitment to empowering their people to be their authentic selves, fostering innovation, and promoting excellence has made us the law firm of choice for clients who seek to make a significant impact in the business world.
They are looking for a Senior Associate to join our dynamic tax team. This role will primarily focus on corporate tax but also offers the opportunity to work in various other tax areas. The location for this role can be in London, or Reading, depending on where you prefer.
About the Tax Team:
The thriving tax team consists of six partners, spread across London and the South. The team’s work can be broadly categorised into five areas:
- Corporate Tax: They frequently collaborate with our national team of over 100 corporate lawyers, providing tax advice on venture capital, private equity transactions, M&A, transaction structuring, tax planning for management teams, reorganisations, and restructuring, including debt restructuring and demergers, and advice on joint venture projects.
- Venture Capital Tax: They lead the UK’s VCT/EIS tax practice, dedicating a significant portion of our time to advising investors and companies on making and raising qualifying investments. They structure and restructure investments to ensure compliance and actively engage with HMRC to navigate the evolving legislative framework.
- Real Estate Tax: With over 200 real estate practitioners in the firm, they support them by providing advice on SDLT, LBTT, VAT, capital allowances, and the CIS. They also work with a substantial number of developer clients to structure development transactions, which often give rise to complex real estate project-based tax issues.
- Management Incentives and Employment Tax: They design and implement a wide range of incentivisation schemes and advise on their exercise and restructuring, particularly in the context of M&A and private equity deal structuring. Additionally, their employment tax experts provide guidance on employment tax matters, including PAYE, termination payments, and employment status.
- Tax Dispute Resolution: Their team includes a CEDR accredited mediator and can assist in handling voluntary disclosures, HMRC enquiries, tax appeals, and ADR. Their primary goal is to avoid protracted tribunal proceedings by offering pragmatic advice.
As a Senior Associate in the tax team, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly respected group of professionals. While the role primarily focuses on corporate tax, there is also the potential for involvement in other tax areas.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally, you have gained at least three years post-qualified experience at a leading City or regional practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge in corporate tax is essential.
Our client’s commitment to their people is grounded in their approach to diversity, inclusion, and well-being. They aspire to build a diverse and ambitious workforce that embraces all backgrounds and talents, creating a supportive and inclusive workplace that recognises and nurtures talent and fosters a strong sense of community among colleagues. Regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs, everyone who applies to or works for the firm is treated equally.
Join our client, and be part of a team that values excellence, innovation, and diversity. Apply today to make a significant impact in the legal world and shape your career in a dynamic environment.
To apply, please contact Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.