Tax investigations Director
Our client is an internationally recognised accounting, advisory, and tax services firm, committed to providing exceptional solutions to its diverse range of clients. With a global presence and a strong reputation for professionalism and integrity, offering a comprehensive suite of services that cater to the needs of businesses, organisations, and individuals across various industries.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Tax Investigations Director to join their London office. The Tax Investigations Director will play a crucial role in leading and managing tax investigations and dispute resolution processes for clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling complex and high-profile cases, providing expert advice, and ensuring compliance with tax regulations while minimising potential risks for clients.
- Tax Investigations Management: Oversee and lead tax investigations and dispute resolution projects, ensuring timely and effective handling of cases while maintaining a high standard of service.
- Client Advisory: Provide expert tax advice and guidance to clients, offering solutions to mitigate risks, optimise tax positions, and ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Collaboration with Teams: Collaborate closely with other tax professionals, legal teams, and business advisors to develop comprehensive strategies for clients facing tax investigations or disputes.
- Client Relationship Management: Foster strong relationships with clients, understanding their unique needs, and delivering tailored solutions that align with their objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks associated with tax investigations and provide proactive measures to minimise exposures.
- Tax Compliance: Stay up-to-date with the latest tax legislation and regulatory changes, ensuring compliance internally and for clients.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of tax professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to maximize their potential and effectiveness.
- Business Development: Contribute to business development efforts by identifying new opportunities, participating in client pitches, and expanding the firm’s tax investigations portfolio.
- Thought Leadership: Establish the firm as a thought leader in tax investigations by participating in industry events, publishing articles, and showcasing expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or a related field.
- A professional tax qualification (e.g., ACA, CTA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Proven experience (at least 8-10 years) in tax investigations and dispute resolution within a reputable accounting or advisory firm.
- Strong knowledge of UK tax legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated success in handling complex and high-value tax investigations cases.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.