Tax integrity director
Our client is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise.
As part of continued investment into tax they are looking to bring in a new task risk/transformation director to take the business further forward on their journey of growth
This vacancy is for the recruitment of a senior individual to build, develop and lead the firm’s offering in relation to Tax Integrity.
They are looking to create and develop a specialist group focused on tax governance and risk. The scope of the role is expected to cover areas such as:
- Senior Accounting Officer support
- Corporate Criminal Offences Act advisory
- Tax risk health checks
- Process and governance reviews
- Tax technology use in compliance processes
Developments in tax legislation have resulted in an increased demand for clients wanting advice on tax risk management and their processes and controls. Increasingly the focus is on tax governance. As a result they are now looking for an ambitious Director to work with us in developing our Tax Integrity offering.
They are looking for someone to…
- Develop a team to drive this area forward.
- Work across all of the tax service areas, encompassing a range of tax and process and advisory services, creating an ongoing relationship allowing further tax, or non-tax services to be sold to the client, rather than one-off assignments.
- Continue work generated from the existing client base, with the view that this new service offering will be a door opener to new clients for them, aligning with efforts already underway in the tax practice to provide advisory services to larger corporates.
- Provide internal-audit services to large corporates in order to win and deliver these projects, holding the required skills to do so.
- Draw on the knowledge of subject matter experts such as VAT, CT or employment taxes, developing an offering that integrates the offerings in a way that helps provide advice on ways of mitigating systemic tax risk.
- Build on the firms existing development of two technology tools in relation to Tax Integrity Tool and CCO,
- Contribute to ongoing internal discussions around Audit of Tax, encouraging the current process to evolve.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK LLP’s capability to support our clients
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times
- Deliver work to the highest quality
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk issues
To discuss this role further please get in touch for an informal conversation
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.