about 1 month ago
This leading global insurer is steeped in over 100 years of history. A subsidiary of a fortune 500 company with $145billion in consolidated assets, this group is headquartered in London but has 40 International Underwriters offices worldwide. The group is a world leader in underwriting and claims handling, providing brokers and clients a wide range of product capability and capacity for specialty insurance and reinsurance markets all around the globe. Clients currently benefit from five underwriting platforms and the insurance line offers specialty products such as; aviation, marine, energy, professional liability and crisis management. A truly flexible and solution based company.
We are living through a period of significant change. A combination of macro-economic factors and rapid technology developments have seen huge disruption in the financial services. The need has arisen for a tax governance professional to join group tax and contribute towards a sustainable and transparent taxation strategy. Supporting the Head of Tax and the Tax Policy & Governance Senior Manager on all matters relating to Tax Governance and risk.
- Supporting the Head of Tax and the Tax Policy & Governance Senior Manager on all matters relating to Tax Governance;
- Manage and develop tax risk and controls framework and related document architecture. This includes responding to new and perceived tax risks and addressing control weaknesses; as well as assisting to embed new or changed activity where required.
- Ensure framework fulfils European Tax authorities expectations in the area of risk and controls, and that appropriate documentation is prepared - eg UK HMRC Business Risk Review;
- Preparation of quarterly reporting packs for Senior Executives, Board and other management committees, covering all Tax department responsibilities;
- Support Group tax's operation of enterprise level risk and controls attestation & testing;
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders including Finance Control, Risk Management and Internal Audit;
- Operate as part of the EUMDR/DAC6 support team for the group;
- Support on wider Group projects for the parent, particularly where input is requested by US Tax colleagues;
- Undertake business partnering activity to develop and strengthen Tax Team's relationship with stakeholders;
- Proven track record of tax risk and governance
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to convey complex tax issues to non tax team members
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Competitive salary
- Excellent bonus
- Pension and other benefits
- Highly commercially exposed role
Please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Brewer Morris for more information
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.