The Tax Director role will be the responsible for tax risk management and will be the decision maker on tax planning matters for the key territories in the region.
- Oversee tax governance and risk management consistent with global framework; Set local tax policies, and review tax procedures
- Accountable for tax technical advice provided to the business units - including strategic tax advice on acquisitions, disposals, restructuring and other business-related activities, tax planning
- Develop and approve tax policy & planning initiatives
- Oversee and perform final review and approval for direct tax filings & tax payments
- Decide on and direct resolution of issues escalated during return preparation process and provide final review and approval of tax technical treatment
- In partnership with relevant country CFOs, ensure that a proper relationship is retained with respective tax authorities
- Significant level of post qualification experience gained in the financial services sector
- Strategic vision, championing new ideas & initiatives
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and manage executive level relationships
The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.