Sydney, New South Wales
Executive level salary + bonus
about 1 year ago
The Tax Director role will be the responsible for tax risk management and will be the decision maker on tax planning matters for the key territories in the region.
- Oversee tax governance and risk management consistent with global framework; Set local tax policies, and review tax procedures
- Accountable for tax technical advice provided to the business units - including strategic tax advice on acquisitions, disposals, restructuring and other business-related activities, tax planning
- Develop and approve tax policy & planning initiatives
- Oversee and perform final review and approval for direct tax filings & tax payments
- Decide on and direct resolution of issues escalated during return preparation process and provide final review and approval of tax technical treatment
- In partnership with relevant country CFOs, ensure that a proper relationship is retained with respective tax authorities
- Significant level of post qualification experience gained in the financial services sector
- Strategic vision, championing new ideas & initiatives
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and manage executive level relationships
The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.