Responsibility for all aspects of tax for the Americas region (the largest and most complex region within the group), including tax planning, tax controversy, M&A, business partnering, federal, state and local taxes, sales & use taxes and overseeing outsourced tax reporting and compliance.
Responsibility for building and developing a team of tax specialists in a highly complex and rapidly changing landscape. Responsibility for global tax projects on a case by case basis.
The position requires an expert level expertise in all aspects of corporate US tax law, including an solid understanding of tax law of other jurisdictions in the region.
- Responsible for tax strategy in the Americas region to deliver sustainable value in line with the Group’s business and tax strategies
- Builds, leads and develops a highly specialized regional tax team, fully integrated into the global tax team
- Leads across a range of diverse and critical projects across the region including, cross-border financing, M&A, restructuring, to optimize the tax situation (cash tax and ETR) and to reduce tax exposures
- Tax Controversy – responsible for maintaining good relationships with tax authorities and proactively managing tax audit processes in the region and advising on resolution strategies
- Business Partnering – partner with the business to develop successful long-term strategic relationships. Being seen as a true value-adding business partner, advising on operations, transactions and other activities to achieve shared organizational objectives. Working closely with other group functions.
- Tax reporting & compliance – takes ownership to deliver the region’s tax compliance and reporting obligations (including federal, state & local and sales & use taxes) through managing a combination of in-house finance resources and external advisors, ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place.
- Risk & controls – reviewing processes, building out a controls framework and risk policies suitable for the group with a continuous improvement mindset seeking out innovative solutions
- Reviews new regional legislation and reporting standards and advises on the implications for the effective tax rate, cash forecasts and disclosures, updating relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- As a member of the tax leadership team, contributes actively to the organizational development of the tax function and to global projects
- 10+ years in Big 4 CPA firm or equivalent corporate experience in a tax related role (managing regional/international tax)
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated business partnering experience
- Ability to think and act strategically while being able to execute on operational deliverables
- Strong team leadership skills with a focus on development and coaching
- Expert in regional/international corporate related taxes including: o Transfer Pricing
o Tax Accounting (IFRS & IAS 12)
o Tax issues on M&A projects
o Indirect Taxes
o Tax Structuring
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- Strong negotiator, internally and with external government bodies (tax authorities)
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.