About the Role:
The position is responsible for management and review of all the tax accounting and compliance functions. The position requires skillsets to ensure that the consolidated tax provision is calculated in accordance with current US GAAP and complies with external reporting requirements. The position provides support to outside vendors, finance, and accounting departments in determining the proper tax accounting treatment for transactions. The position is also responsible for the management and review of all tax filings with government agencies, tax research, tax audits, notices, quarterly and annual effective tax rate projections, quarterly estimated taxes & extensions, interim period tax accounting and SOX compliance.
- Reviews quarterly and annual consolidated provision for income taxes under ASC 740 and related footnote disclosures for public 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Provides support with research related to on-going tax accounting issues, law changes and special projects as needed.
- Assess the impact of tax planning strategies on the company’s effective tax rate.
- Reviews SOX process and documentation related to tax accounting.
- Assists in the preparation of analyses, reports, and other accumulation of data for presentation to management.
- Reviews quarterly and annual tax journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Manages the preparation and review of quarterly estimated tax calculation and consolidated federal and state tax returns; respond to queries from taxing authorities and gaming authorities as applicable.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of federal and state income tax laws and current developments relating to the industry.
- Works closely with VP Tax to coordinate all U.S. and foreign tax matters, and with outside consultants and tax professionals as required.
- Interfaces with finance head of operating divisions on a regular basis to minimize taxes, including providing tax advice and performing related tax analysis.
- Ensures the tax department is compliant with all requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act, and coordinate with Internal Audit as required for SOX testing.
- Assists Capital Asset Team with the preparation and review of fixed asset tax packages for use in tax provision and tax return reporting.
- 10+ years relevant tax accounting experience with substantial exposure to tax accounting and tax compliance functions.
- BIG 4 and/or other public accounting/corporate tax department experience and a valid CPA license.
- Strong tax technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present information and ideas clearly to non-tax professionals.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; flexible; self-motivated and pro-active; ability to effectively cope with changing priorities (multi-tasking) and meet deadlines and make reasonable and timely decisions.
- Ability to develop tax technical solutions and work with highly detailed information while maintaining a clear perspective of overall issues to be managed.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP financial accounting including ASC 740, ASC 718 and FIN 48.
- Computer skills – working knowledge of various computer applications including MS WORD, EXCEL, BNA, and the ability to quickly master financial accounting and tax compliance systems.
- Master of Tax or JD-LLM preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside tax consultants, taxing and gaming authority personnel and all levels of employees.
- This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees regarding performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning, and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.